Friday, June 3, 2011

Bolts of Thunder business











Ok, so according to our last post, there are an estimated three to five people that read this blog. I refuse to believe those numbers. I won't even consider them. This was just an experiment anyway, not an official census. And I have it on good authority that being a Thunderbolt is a more commonly accepted declaration these days. So don't be afraid. I actually think it was that sweaty picture of me that deterred people from participating in the little game we were playing. A sweaty, unshaved, unshowered, kramer hair-do version of me is not inviting to anyone, so quite naturally you shunned away as you saw me standing there, wallowing in my own stench. I should choose my pictures more wisely... Speaking of pictures, I got some new ones for you today!!! These are all pictures we've taken since we've been back from Europe. In case any of you have been wondering or worrying, Bolts of Thunder has been hard at work upon returning to America. We have accumulated a combined total of nearly 200 hours in skating, filming, taking pictures, laughing, eating, talking, making reedits to your favorite skaters' parts, spying on neighbors, and in general chillin, hanging out, and having fun. Just look at Nick holding on to his knees. He's been worked to the bone. Once again, we have Nick showing the world what a brother's capable of when he's hyped up on baby love and sleep deprivation. He's got the angriest, meanest, most vengeful tailslide in the the business, coming out regular, fakie, or whatever variation of the two Nick feels like. For all of you David Law fans out there, this post is only going to increase his standing in your little fan journal, or whatever you tally points in. Yes, believe your eyes, that is a switch front blunt. I can't even regular front blunt or get my back truck that high on a switch ollie. But David can. Now I love these grass ride shots of Matt. This hill is nuts; it's steeper than 45 degrees in parts of it, it has huge holes everywhere, and a nice cozy cement landing waiting to catch you if you so decide to fly face first down the hill. Matt even does it in style with his old school board, he just don't care. I'm next up on deck. These are three different pictures of me doing the same trick: an ollie. My favorite trick, and the one that I can do most consistently. And if you look really hard and long at my butt on the pushing away shot, you'll notice there is a small hole developing in the left cheek region. In case you were curious... A random thought, but an appropriate time to bring it up: Bolts of Thunder has a new follower, a Mr Finn Christensen. Finn, welcome to the team! You get a free shirt for joining. Seriously. That reminds me, all official followers of the blog get free shirts. Just tell me what kind you want. I'm in the process of making one for Nick, it should be done this weekend, and it'll be good. Last, but definitely not least on the Bolts of Thunder news log, we have recently recruited the help of long time Bolts of Thunder associates, Blake and Julie Fenn. Equipped no more with their love for each other and their little dog, Blake and Julie have jumped on the Bolts of Thunder production team to ensure that "Bolts of Thunder Gone Wild" will meet all NSA, AFA, and FDA regulations. Excited to have you guys on board! One last random thing, we've put up an official definition of what Bolts of Thunder is on the "About Me" section of the blog (it's on the right side of the page under the posts. It says "About Me" and "view complete profile". Come on, it shouldn't be that hard to find...). Click on it, you'll see our description. So if you're trying to describe Bolts of Thunder to an in-law, employer, church ecclesiastical authority, you can refer them to this section of the blog to inform them on what and who we are. And that's all I have to say about that...

1 comment: