Friday, June 24, 2011

Interview with Dave McDonald


So here is post number 2 for the day. Once again, don't neglect the first post for today. I like that one. It's the one where I announce on the blog that I'm getting married and the date of our next video premier. But this post couldn't wait for tomorrow, I had to put it up today. So you know Bolts of Thunder, we're always innovating and what not. That's how we keep our edge and stay on top of the game. Innovation. So I thought of this great idea for our blog: "Why don't we conduct interviews with Thunder Bolts?" So I thought up of a bunch of random questions that you all want to know the answers to, and I emailed them to Dave. I felt Dave would be a fitting first interviewee candidate, seeing as he scored the first post ever of this blog. His response to my email is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time, and I couldn't wait a second longer to put this up. I hope you enjoy this interview and the newest feature of the Bolts of Thunder blog. In reading this, my voice is the normal text, Dave's answers are in bold. Thanks Dave for your prompt responses...


(MrBoltsofThunder) so how long have you been skating?
 
(Dave McDonald) Since I was 13. I'm 40 now, so... yeah. I don't remember the first board I had, it might have been a World Industries... but the first time I stepped on my friend's board I knew I wanted to keep doing it.
 
What goes through your head when you're dropping in on a huge wall, throwing your body down a gap, or swinging your skateboard at gypsies? what goes through your head right before you pop on ollie onto a rail?

Nothing. Thats the rad thing about it. All the fear, all pressure, all that stuff happens previous to the trick. When you're in the middle of it, there is nothing but concentration. Its one of those rare moments that all you can possibly focus one in the whole world is one thing--pulling the trick. If you start thinking of other things you could get wrecked.
 

If you were stranded on an island with one member of Bolts of Thunder, who would it be and why? And let's make this scenario interesting, let's say that you can have 3 tools with you (a knife, spoon, flashlight, etc...), what would they be.
Easy answer, Dan. I wouldn't even need any tools if Dan were there. Anyone that knows Dan knows thats true.

Ok, let's go a little further with this scenario. Let's say there are indigenous cannibals on the island. Only a handful, maybe 15 at the most. Would you try to learn their language, culture, and human eating ways and assimilate into their culture. Or would you and your Bolts of Thunder comrade rage war against them in a territorial fight for the island?
I'm not the greatest at making friends with people that want to eat me, but I'd be okay knowing Dan was there. I would just follow his lead, 'cause if there is one thing I've learned as a Thunder Bolt its that Dan cannot die. 
I dunno, I'm quick on my feet. If I saw the cannibals camp and had time to built up a strong-hold without getting detected it might be a good way to go down. Or maybe, I could try and convince them that Dan was a demi-god, kind of like what happened with the ewoks in Star Wars. The latter would probably end up going down. Dan always gets into precarious situations only walk away unscathed.

When's the last time you sharted, diarrheaed, or straight up crapped your pants? Be honest now... 

A couple years ago when I was on my mission. For a while, we had been barely sleeping, and eating horribly. I was studying at like eight in the morning and let one go; it was exciting. 


So you told me a funny story of how you had to wrestle your half-naked 300 pound boss in his back yard in front of his family to get your job back. Did you win that match? What happened there, and what was going through your head as you were grabbing his sweaty, flabby, smelly body?

Brett Taylor is a 300-pound loose canon. He does and says whatever he wants, and he is rich. The guy basically hired me to be his boy; I was to show up looking good and go wherever he wanted me. He'd buy me things, feed me, and pay me nicely. It was cool, but obviously creepy. I started to get lax and just show up whenever I wanted and stuff. So, he re-asserted his authority one day and fired me. That night, I showed up to his place to get me "job" back. He opened the door in his underwear and invited me in. He took me to the back room where he sat in a rocking chair and told me that I could have my job back... if I wrestled him. Yeah.
So, we went to the backyard. The family gathered around. He was still in his underwear, of course. At the time, I weighed like 150 lbs, and I've never actually wrestled anyone but my little brothers. We began circling around each other, David and Goliath. He had a satisfied, but insane air about him. I was just confused and embarrassed to have debased myself to the point that I was in the situation, at all. 
I lunged at him. He slapped his hands around both my arms, squeezed me, lifted me up and put me on the ground. He kept squeezing as he slowly lowered down to my face. He could have finished me off for good, mortal combat fatality style. Instead, he just got really close to me and stared until he knew that I knew, it was over. He was my boss. 
The next day we went golfing and ate Italian food.

When's the last time you took off your clothes for money? Would you like to explain the context of that situation, or do you just want to leave the reader wondering what the universe had done to you to make you strip for money?
Its not just for money, alright? Its a way of life. Its who I am. 


Anything else you want to say to our viewers on our blog?
Here's a few things the world needs more of: accountants, bankers, lawyers, and door-to-door salesmen.  

END.

No comments:

Post a Comment