Monday, June 13, 2011

Band of Brothers







Here are pictures of Dave fumbling around on this drop in in Paris and Matt chillen. I don't have any story to tell with these pictures. I just put them up because they were the only pictures I could find on my flash drive. The first time I met Dave, I thought he was weird. He reminded me of this kid in second grade that threw up mashed potatoes and corn all over the classroom floor after lunch, then he just sat back down in his seat and was ready to learn more. He was confused when everyone was screaming in disgust. Come on, we're at school, right? Then let's learn something... Or like this other kid in fifth grade that ate rocks and pine needles for lunch money during recess. But as it turned out, Dave isn't weird, and he's a really good friend. For example, Dave's not a fighter. But at the first sign of conflict with those kids at the Eiffel Tower, Dave was the first one swinging his skateboard. Man, my heart rate gets going every time I think of that, it was the funniest image. Dave was wearing this army jacket he had just got at a thrift store. He looked like a recently returned Vietnam war vet with his beard, uncombed long hair, and slight limp from having tweaked his ankle a little. One of the kids tried to grab my neck, and Matt showed no hesitation in retaliating. Before the kid could even get his hand to my neck, Matt had already grabbed the kid by his neck with his left hand and carried him about 10 feet away. The kid's friend ran at Matt like he was going to try and fight him, so before the kid got there, Dave intercepted him with a swinging skateboard. Dave ran at the kid holding his board with both hands over his head and swung down with full force on the kid. The skateboard bounced off the kid about a foot, that's how hard Dave hit him. For not being a fighter, that was a pretty epic display of getting your brother's back. This post has gone on a lot longer than I thought it would. Anyway, from all of us at Bolts of Thunder, have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment