Friday, June 10, 2011

The Last of the Taken

"No matter what happens, you stay alive! I will find you.... And I will kill you." This quote is a mix of two epic quotes from two epic movies: The Last of the Mohicans and Taken. I'm thinking of Taken right now because the teacher in my Italian class showed us the cover of the movie in Italian. In Italian, it's called, "I will find you, and I will kill you", which I find to be a more descriptive title of the movie than our American title because Liam Neeson  spends 98% of time finding and killing people, and only 2% bumping and grinding at the clubs. At least that's how I recall the movie. So when I was a kid (we're talking 9... 10), my mom would bake us the tastiest chocolate chip cookies you've ever had, then we'd rent the Last of the Mohicans and eat the cookies. By the end of the movie, we were so pumped on indian warfare and sugar from the cookies that we'd get hangers from our closets and play "The Last of the Mohicans" which consisted of running around the house and swinging your hanger at whoever came around the corner at you. These nights usually ended with one of us taking a hanger to the eye, crying, and ultimately some kind of brawl in the living room. These nights brought us closer together as siblings... Seriously. Despite the fighting, we had great times whenever we rented this movie. Then I saw Taken on the flight home from Paris just barely. I have to tell you all, it's a good thing I saw this movie after leaving Paris, or our vacation would have gone a lot differently. Like when we roughed up those kids at the Eiffel Tower. Had I seen Taken before that, I probably would have tried to break one of the kid's necks, kidnapped the other kid to get some answers as to where they've taken her, and leave the other one bloodied and beaten in front of the Eiffel Tower to send a clear message to the perverts in the French government that we Americans are sick of them trafficking our women, and we ain't gonna take! No, we ain't gonna take it! We ain't gonna take it anymore! And I have one unanswered question from that movie: where's that gap to hubba at that complex where he goes and talks to the Albanian overlord dude? You know the one I'm talking about- about a 12 stair, backside, gap out of 3 or so feet. Why didn't we skate this ledge when we were there? That's the only unanswered question that could come up from that movie... And what does this have to do with Bolts of Thunder? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. But neither do the majority of the posts I put up, and you tolerate them anyway. So until you step up in my face and call me out on it, I'm gonna keep putting up whatever I feel like putting up. So that picture you see up above, this is an areal shot extracted from the memory bank of a Parisian fly that we kidnapped and brought home for questioning and answering. We're high tech like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment