Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Nick's epic interview. Don't miss








Rarely does one find such height, such depth in an interviewee. But today, I present you with the deepest interview you'll ever read: the Nick Edwards interview. In this rare moment, Nick opens himself to the world and exposes his greatest fears in parenting, discusses in detail his relationship with Tony Hawk, gives the reality of Bolts of Thunder being stranded on an island, demonstrates his love for Cher's music, and shares his views on fist-fighting senior citizens. You'll find it all here people. Thanks Nick for your honest answers. You're my boy...

(MrThunderBolt)When and why did the mustache come off, seeing as it was a favorite among Nick Edwards fans?

(Nick) Well, I shaved it, then grew it back, then shaved it again before my daughter was born. I didn't want to set precedent with a baby on the way. I was a little worried that if I kept it then shaved it afterward, Colette might never respect me again. 


In Dan's interview, he said he'd like to be stranded on an island with you out of all the Thunder Bolts, and that you guys would make surf boards, paint your faces red, and pretty much just hang out. How does this make you feel being chosen by Dan because, I ain't gonna lie, we all wish Dan would have chosen us...
First off, I gotta admit this is a huge honor for me. Dan is my hero. If I weren't going to grad school to study science, I think I'd research Dan Shaw. There's a lot that can be said about that guy.


If you were stranded on an island with Dan and there was a tribe of cannibals on the island, do you see things going down the way that Dan imagined, ie surfing, barbecues, beautiful women, etc., or do you see any kind of violent conflicts in there? How do you envision things going down?
Yeah, well at first I think it would be great. Dan and I could build our own civilization, farm the land, and pioneer new surf spots. I don't really imagine there would be any violence. Everyone likes Dan. He would make friends with the natives and we'd be pretty popular. Eventually, though, Dan would probably assimilate into the savage culture. The heathens would gradually see his mystical powers and start worshipping him. They'd probably become jealous of our friendship and I'd be sacrificed over a stone altar shaped like Dan. So I'm not sure he'd be my safest bet.

So who would you chose to be your cast away buddy on this island, and why?
  I'd probably have to pick Matt. He could entertain me with all his movie and skateboarding facts and if anyone tried to mess with me, he'd gouge out their eyes. Also, he kinda looks like an animal.

What's your best trick?
900

Are you sponsored?

I get flow from Bolts of Thunder (even tho I don't even know what that means).


What kind of board you have?
 Powell minilogo

Are you pro?

depends on your definition


Do you know Tony Hawk?
 Nah

My cousin can kickflip.....

Liar

So you're taking off soon to grad school. Where do you see your skating career going when this happens? Do you plan on opening the East Coast chapter of Bolts of Thunder?
You bet. It's already gone international. I'm taking us to the national level.

Who's part are you most excited to see for the up and coming "Bolts of Thunder Gone Wild" video?
 I'm pretty excited to see your part

If you could turn back time, if you could find a way, would you take back all the things you said?
ummm....


Remember when that old guy called you a "jdyick ed (dick head)"? I've never seen an old man, we're talking 65+, try to take on a strong lad such as yourself. What was going on, what pushed the old guy over the edge? Would you like to tell that story, I like that one...
Wow. So we were skating flatground in front of your house and I saw this car coming down the street. I moved out of the way, but apparently that wasn't good enough. As this car swerved around me, I threw my hands up like, "Why would you do that?" He must have been looking in his rearview mirror because he screeched to a halt. Then this old guy, seriously about 70, gets out of the car and yells at me, "What do you think you're doing ya jdyick head?" 

 I was clearly baffled at this crazy old man, especially because his cute grandma wife was sitting in the passenger seat just watching us. He started cussing at us and accusing us of breaking the law and being disrespectful. We asked him what we'd done and he wouldn't tell us and kept getting more and more angry. I think I said something like "What's your problem, old man?" He had a Marines hat on and was actually kind of built for a senior citizen even though he was like 5'6" (by the way, I'm 6'4"). But whatever I said must have tipped him over the edge. 

The lunatic started taunting me, daring me to punch him. I told him I wouldn't punch him because he was as old as my grandpa. But he was serious. He honestly wanted to fight me. I eventually got kind of angry and cussed at him and told him to drive off, which he eventually did. I felt like a huge jerk, even though I didn't do a lot to provoke the old guy. Not my proudest moment. 


What would you like to say on the blog to Thunder Bolts the world over?

Click on the merchandise link and buy a shirt. You don't want to be the last kid at the skatepark without one.

1 comment: