Friday, June 17, 2011

Sitll bloody after all these years, a tribute to Brandon Miller






When I wake up early in the morning, this is what I want to see: an email in my inbox from Brandon Miller entitled "Still bloody after all these years" with a message that simply says, "here's a preview of what's to come," and six awesome pictures of my boy skating a good old fashioned LA sidewalk root bump. How could that not make my day? Thanks Brandon, and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with bloody hands these days. Brandon is Dan Shaw's cousin which naturally follows that Brandon is one of the coolest people you'll ever meet. The first time I met Brandon, he spent like $60 in gas to drive us out to this lake near San Diego, drive us around on his boat for a couple hours where taught me how to wake skate. Then he even spotted me on the way back home at this Mexican restaurant because I "forgot" my wallet... It was in my back pocket the entire time Brandon, I was just too lazy to get it out... But thanks... So when we started this little blog, I put it up on facebook hoping that people would read it and enjoy it. Brandon was the first person to respond to it by writing a message that said, "consider this blog bookmarked." Then he was one of the first, if not the first, to become an official follower. I could go on, but I think you get the idea: Brandon Miller is a true Thunderbolt, as true as they come. Bolts of Thunder is honored to have such high caliber members on its team. It is and has been Bolts of Thunder's goal to get footage of Brandon Miller in "Bolts of Thunder Gone Wild", so this post is a friendly shout out to Brandon to film yourself skating by whatever means necessary, ie borrow people's cell phones, film yourself, then email the footage to me; do a trick in front of a super market then break a window so that the security camera catches it all, then hack into the net and get the footage-it worked on National Treasure 2, why couldn't it work for you? Or just get a video camera and have a friend film you the good old fashioned way. You get the idea. But I won't rest, I won't sleep until I have Brandon by my side, meaning footage of Brandon in the video. Dear reader, if you too have a festering sensation to see Brandon in "Bolts of Thunder Gone Wild," make it known, leave your comments and make your voice heard. And one last bit of news, Bolts of Thunder has a 14th follower: optimist2009. Glad to have you on board!

1 comment:

  1. I'll tell you what, i'll strap my iphone to my bike tire anytime to get something good enough for the vid!

    ReplyDelete