Friday, July 29, 2011

Wiz-bang














At the tender age of 15, Wiz-bang demonstrates how a man shuvits out of a lipslide. I don't think anyone else would have allowed Matt to be standing directly in the landing when he was on the rail, but that's how rad Wizard is, he doesn't even care about riding away. Look at the sequence, Matt's filming straight where Wizard's going to land when Wizard is getting on the rail... This post is dedicated to all the Thunder Bolt homies out there that are ripping it for no other reason than to just rip it. We've been shredding with Wizard, Tyler, and Zak a lot lately, and these kids got some skills. Expect to see some rad stuff from them in the video, 2 weeks from today!!! Brandon Miller also sent me some footage yesterday from LA, so he's showing us how to remain bloody after all these years... Things are coming together really well as we scramble last minute to edit the video. Yeah, we've put it off until now. We have a talent for procrastinating... No, we actually started a long time ago and have been working on it rather consistently for the past 6 months or so. But we still got more to do. Thinking about procrastinating, I just barely took my second shower for the week. I kept thinking I would take one, but when the time came, I thought I'd put it off till the next day. This continued all week until this morning I realized I hadn't showered, shaved, or changed my clothes all week. And not out of principle, style, or superstition, but out of pure, genuine, unadulterated laziness, plain and simple. So I took a shower today, but I forgot to shave and didn't have any cleaner clothes to wear, so I put on the same ones. Anyway, procrastination. In some cases, I work better under the gun. Nick was explaining this phenomenon to me last week; he prefers to get things done when there's an impending deadline. That's why he rode off the roof last year and why he's been killing it lately. I like to get things done as soon as possible, but with some things, I work more effectively when I only have a short amount of time. Like this paper I have due in a couple hours. I started on it yesterday. And I still need to finish it. I should get started on that...

Back to the subject at hand. Lick your lips and get your appetites ready for some good old fashioned skating, coming your way in 2 weeks. Oh yeah, there were a couple items of business I wanted to discuss for the premier. I'll put these up again to remind you later, but I might as well start now:

1) The premier is August 12. It'll be in Provo. I'll give the exact location soon. It'll be in the evening, 7,8ish

2) We're barbecuing for the premier. Your ticket to get in is to bring some kind of condiment for hamburgers and hot dogs (ketchup, pickles, etc...). We'll provide the meat, but that's it. If I don't ask you to bring anything specific, just get something you think we could use. But if I know you, I'll ask you to bring something specific so we get everything covered.

3) I will try to have copies of the DVD available at the premier for you, BUT this is not for sure. It depends on how long it takes to burn them all, and how bad we actually do procrastinate. But our goal is to have them ready at the premier.

4) Because I'm getting married, I've already spent all my money on flowers and stuff like that. So you'll need to bring a couple bucks to buy the DVD. I'm not trying to make any money off of them at all, I just want you to cover the cost of the DVD. Sorry, I can't be giving them away this time, I'm too poor...

I think that's it... This Asian kid in front of me at the library is watching a video of this Asian pop star singer girl getting beat up at one of her concerts. Crazy stuff...

1 comment: