Monday, July 11, 2011

Just felt like writing

 So I just thought I'd say a couple words since I have access to the blog and can write whatever I want. First of all, I want to draw your attention to David Law's interview that I posted earlier. Don't let this post deter you from reading his interview. We've been doing interviews for a couple weeks now which have been, in my opinion, very entertaining to read. But I just thought that I'd put up another good old fashioned story. But before I start, I'm going to discuss some Bolts of Thunder business. First item of business, Brandon Miller now has a picture for his email account. You can see that on the followers section on the right. Now you can all see what he looks like! Congratulations Brandon. The second item of business is that I met another one of our phantom blog followers this weekend: Wizard. Yeah, that's his name, Wizard. He has another first name, but he asked me that I call him Wizard, so I will respect his wishes and call him Wizard. So Wizard is a member of this squad of Provo rippers that has the ability to learn and land more tricks in a week than I could in a year of skating. I guess it's true what they say about old dogs going out and skating and learning new tricks and stuff. Anyway, I feel it's my responsibility to give the people what they want and deserve, and I feel that Wizard deserves a shout out. so this one's for you, Wizard. Ok, now to my story. So I put that picture of me (Ammon) kickflipping that gap a week ago on the blog. Now I'm going to tell you the story behind it. So it was this kid in Geneva that took the picture. He is as stereotypically unreliable as skaters come. We actually met up and skated maybe 5 times out of the 20 or so times he said he would meet up and just never showed. No joke, it was that bad. Anyway, one of those times, he took me to this flat gap that was covered and skateable in bad weather. I kickflipped the gap, got the picture, then wanted to go back and film it the next day (I didn't have my camera on me). So we made a plan to meet up, and of course he just never showed. So I was there at this spot all by myself, and I was recovering from a cold. So I felt pretty bad just skating the gap by myself. Then while I was skating, I noticed two guys sitting in the cab of a semi truck. They looked kind of strange, so I looked at them for a minute. Then I realized that neither of them was wearing a shirt, and one of them proceeded to wash his body with baby wipes. The other one just starred at me. When the first guy was finished with the baby wipes, the second guy took over washing himself, and then the first guy replaced the other one in starring at me as I skated. That creeped me out and made it even harder to try and skate. So I set up my camera in a spot and kickflipped the gap with the camera just sitting there. Every now and then I'd look back at the dudes to see what was going on. They eventually put their clothes back on, then they just sat in the cab of the truck, ate bread, and watched me skate for a couple more minutes. Not wanting to be in any way involved in their little male peep-show ring or whatever they do, I packed up and left. The Geneva skater kid called me about 7 hours later and asked me if I was even going to show up to the gap. I told him that I had been there on time 7 hours earlier and that he never showed up, and that two dudes were sitting naked in a truck washing themselves and watching me skate. All he said was, "cool dude, so are you coming?" I think this was the defining moment in European skaters' career in putting them ahead of Americans in unreliability and stupidity. Boys, we need to step up our game if we ever plan on reclaiming those titles...

No comments:

Post a Comment