Thursday, July 14, 2011

Tyson Cantrell, Welcom to the team









 


Rarely does one willingly venture into the realm of genius insanity. But today, I have taken that trek and made it out with the Tyson Cantrell interview. Tyson's been my homie for some years now. Actually, now that I think of it, I think I've known him and skated with him longer than any other Bolts of Thunder rider, excluding my brothers. I met Weston and Sam before Tyson, but I didn't really know them until later. The first time I saw Tyson, I thought he was a hardcore Muska wannabe because he was wearing aviator glasses and nosesliding the back of someone's truck. It was a contest in the middle of the road with a bunch of flat bars and home made ramps. No joke. Seeing as I couldn't noseslide, I felt threatened by Tyson and kept my distance. But Tyson offered me the olive branch of friendship, and we've been tight ever since. "Bolts of Thunder Gone Wild" is the long awaited reunion video with Tyson Cantrell having full membership status, so best be keeping your eyes out for his part. The pictures above were taken during one of the funnest skate sessions I've had to date. It was me and Tyson cruising around downtown Long Beach the day before Garrett's wedding. That place is a little Mecca for jib-riders like Tyson and I, so we had a lot of fun. And Tyson killed it... Enjoy the interview.


 


(MrThunderBolt) What's your favorite trick to do? If you could only do that one trick, what would it be?

(Tyson) boardslides duh. although locking into a good five-oh grind feels nice.

What's a trick you can't do but wish you could do?
hands down the Christ air. oh yeah and basically every flip trick, but those are way overrated. you can't make up for not being able to drop in by throwing down 20 mob flips in a row.


Tell us about " 'Chout! A love Story". What inspired such genius? What happened to Wes, has anyone seen him lately?
"chout! a love story" is a constant work in progress that will probably never see the light of day. it's based on a saying a group of us would scream at little kids at the park. when a little kid snakes or decides to drop in at the time of your trick you yell, "CHOUT!" it's a mumbled up version of "watch out! fat barney coming through!" as for Wes i don't know. we've lost touch. last i heard he's still up on that mountain lookin for the
elusive "BUCK OF JUSTICE."

Let's say there was a herd of wild horses baring down on you in the desert. You have a lasso in your hands and a cowboy hat on. That's it, you're naked other than that. First, what are you doing naked in the desert? Second, what's your plan of escape?
           I took some bad peyote and wanted to be more grounded to nature so i ditched the clothes but kept the hat and lasso because of my survival skills. my plan of escape would be to harness my energy and focus it into my hand pulling a matrix move. all the horses but one would bend around my force field. the one horse i chose i would whisper to and make him my ride home.  sound weird?

You took one of the most brutal slams to date when you tried to ollie that long 3 stair and slammed in the gravel road in St. George. Would you please describe that scene to our readers? What were the repressions on your body?
         that was the second time slamming on that thing. i thought that maybe it would go different on the second trip but i ended up slamming exactly the same way. you gotta kinda haul ass at that thing and when you land you roll into grass then a harsh road. basically i landed the stairs rolled to the grass and got pitched about 6 feet onto my left arm, cheese grating the hell out of it. it was bad and i looked like a fool. plus it was at night so the footy wasn't even that good. i think randy delucci filmed it. after that i went to the gas station (the same one i went to a few years earlier after the first slam) and tried to clean up. every skater's been in this situation of pulling out asphalt chunks from flaps of white skin. i never went back to that thing. i just drive by and stare it down and cringe my eyebrows. it's still there if anyone wants to get worked on something that is not even worth getting out of the car for. it's on the corner of tabernacle and 100 east in st. george. get some!

You saw that dance-off I had with that lady at Garrett's wedding. Who, in your honest opinion, won that dance-off. I'm not afraid to lose.
               jon hart won. everyone knows black people can dance. but i didn't know a white mormon dude could pull it off. it was napolean dynamite style.

Do you have any good loss of bowel stories you'd like to share?
          every morning is a good story to be honest. but when i had my surgery and didn't poo for 8 days...that was a good one. i had to coach them out like the f.b.i. in a hostage situation. it was not pretty. i need to started a poo blog called "droppin bLOGS."

When's the last time you violently threw up? 
        when i read these questions. just kidding. it's hard to say. it's been a while. 6 months? nothing interesting to talk about there.
                Every interviewee gets this question: You're stranded on an island with a single member of Bolts of Thunder. There are potentially hostile cannibals on the island that you might have to join or repel. Who would you chose to be on the island with you and why? How do you see things going down with the cannibals?
            well since i'm a cannibal already i wouldn't worry, it would be a paradise for me. i would draw a name out of a hat. present him to the cannibals. feast. and then get crowned king of the island. and then, like sam said, rape the island for narcotics and sell them, and get off the island and seek therapy 'cause thats just messed up man. sorry fellow bolters. ;(       

Anything else you'd like to say to our readers on the blog? This is your chance to be a lose cannon and just go for it.
         thanks granting me team member status. thanks for letting me be in your precious video. thanks to the homies. if you feel daring and depressed go here = http://ty-machine.deviantart.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment