Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Yo yo mrang, wazsup?






In this memorial post, Bolts of Thunder returns to its dirty-South roots. You probably didn't even know Bolts of Thunder was from the south. Neither did we until the rest of the skate industry discovered that they were. Now that everyone is talking like they're hardened south-Georgians, we figured we would too. You know, jump on the band wagon. Do what everyone else is doing. Not because deep within us we think it's right, good, or even cool to say things like, "yo mang!" every time we answer the phone, but because everyone else is doing it. So we will too. So as you read this post, put my voice two octaves lower than usual, mesh all sounds together into one word, cut out the last couple consonants of words, pronounce "th" as "d", and put the emphasis on any vowels I use. Let me give you an example. "Get off my thing, chicken wing!" would be translated "Gettohf my tdang, chyckinwang!" You get the idea. Shall we procede?

I guess I don't really have much else to say. That intro wasn't really an intro. It was a eulogy. A eulogy to this post. Because it's dead. Actually not, I do have something to say now that I've looked at the pictures. The last picture is Brian Barlow doing a manuel taken by my wife Rachel, and Daewon Song gave it a double tap on Instogram (turns out histogram is really instogram. I think) meaning that he liked the picture. One more feather in our Bolts of Thunder cap. That's right Brian and Rachel, Bolts of Thunder is taking all the credit on this one. Then since I put up a picture that Rachel took, I thought I would put up all pictures that Rachel took. The first two you wish I didn't put up, but I put them up anyway. They are of me trying to plunge the toilet while I splashed my own fecal matter all over myself and while Rachel laughed at me. The next two pictures are of me doing kickflips. Rachel took those pictures. I'm very proud of her timing and camera placement. She's showing great potential... I guess that's it for today. I hope you enjoyed listening to me as a dirty southerner, and I hope we can do it again some time.

1 comment: