Sunday, January 22, 2012

It: the Boogedy Man


Remember on the movie "It" when you were scared out of your mind until it finally showed the monster at the end and it's just a big robotic spider? At that point you were not only no longer scared, but you had also completely lost all respect for the monster. The monster, who am I kidding? You lost respect for the movie and anyone or anything having to do with the movie. A similar example might be the movie "The Boogy Man". Although I haven't seen it, I hear it has quite a similar let-down ending of revealing a down syndrome boogy man with a bag over his head at the end of the movie. Well, dear reader, I'm sorry to tell you, but this post may just be in the same category of ultimate let-down experiences. I want you to take a look, a good look at that picture above. You see that? That it an old ape-man, worn and beaten by the storms of time and the woes of life. He has no shame for he has nothing left to be ashamed of. He is hated of men and despised of his own friends. He is a hiss, a byword, an outcast. Who, you might ask yourself, would ever associate themselves with such a person? Who, in their sober state of mind, would willingly listen to what this man has to say? I'm sorry to do it to you like this, dear reader, but I am obligated to tell you the truth. This shell of an ape-man you see above is the very one that has been entertaining your life for the past year. It is I, the writer, and I am coming clean with who I truly am. Take a good look. This is what I look like when I am writing a post on the blog. I had no idea, but I found this picture my wife took of me and was ashamed by it. Once I discovered who I truly am, I felt it only appropriate to come clean to the rest of the world and show you who is behind your daily source of life and joy...

On a plus side, I will say this. As you can see in the photo, I finally have a real chair to sit on, and the exercise ball can relax in its corner. This opens up all kinds of avenues for exercise and physical well being that I have yet to discover...

No comments:

Post a Comment