Thursday, January 27, 2011

You're Violent!


Every time I see this picture, I think of eating at the noodle place in Salt Lake. You know which one I'm talking about. So we were up here skating in Salt Lake, me (Jon, doing the ollie), my brother Matt (ready to catch me in case I clip the edge), Dave (taking paparazzi shots in the background), Dan, and Sam Milianta. If you've never met Sam, he's one of the coolest people you'll meet in your life. If you have met him, I'll let you be the judge of his coolness. He's the only skate historian that I know of, and he's the best one if there are any others. Like he can quote conversations that Jason Dill had with Salmon Agah 20 years ago at a coffee shop in New York. And Sam wasn't even there. He just knows that the conversation took place, and he knows what was said. Don't ask me how. He just knows. So you can talk to him about random skate trivia for hours, and he's always got something new to say. It's always a good time... Anyway, I think of noodles when I see this picture. I'm thinking of noodles right now. And I know what you're thinking of now too. You're thinking that if I was the only thing that stood between you and a hot plate of noodles, you'd crush my skull with a rock just to get it. Yeah, you're violent... But I'm thinking the same thing. So next time you think you got the upper hand on me, you best be making sure I don't got a rock in my hand because when push comes to shove, and you're the only thing between me and that hot plate of noodles, I will not hesitate to use my rock...

No comments:

Post a Comment