Friday, January 28, 2011

This is a call out!




So me and Matt have discovered the funnest thing in skateboarding: old school boards. We've gone full circle. It's like for years we were trying to find happiness in all the wrong places.... like people that drink alcohol. We ride these things all around town now, terrorizing grass hills and what not. These things plow over cracks with their soft wheels, so it's always a smooth ride... Anyway, we're getting pretty creative on these things, so be expecting some sweet old school board footy in "Bolts of Thunder Gone Wild" (registered at K-Mart). Riding these around reminds me of when I was 5 years old and afraid of skateboards because Matt chipped one of his teeth riding on one. Matt and Brian, my oldest brother, were riding on their knees, and Matt hit a rock, fell forward, and chipped his tooth. I remember thinking as a 5 year old that I would never touch such a dangerous and reckless "toy", if a skateboard could even be considered that. Here I am now, 21 years later, flaunting myself and laughing at my 5 year old self, calling him a coward and challenging him to a fist fight. I could take him. But Matt and Brian's 7 and 9 year old selves are pretty cool, they skated, I'd hang out with them for sure. I'm not calling them out...

No comments:

Post a Comment