Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Varial Trippin



I'm going to say this without bragging. I found this spot. There, I said it. It's true though. I was driving with some friends down the road that's nearest to this spot, I looked out the window, and i saw a flat gap. I told my brother and the Bolts of Thunder crew, and we came out here to find the gap. When we found it, all the re-bar was sticking up like octopus tentacles just waiting to grab you and suck you into the vagrant feces-filled pit at the bottom. Me and Matt bent the re-bar back, and soon enough, the gap was skateable. A couple months later I had an article in SLUG, and Weston and I were taking photos for that. Actually, we were taking pictures of Weston kickflipping over a motorcycle, then we went to that dangerous powerbox that I always try to kill myself on. I tried to 5-0 it for a picture, slipped out right when I got onto it, and landed straight onto my back on the ground. That was like the 4th bad slam I had had on that power box, so I was pretty pissed. I swore and threw my board on the ground as hard as I could and cracked my skateboard. What else was I supposed to do? Ironically enough, the picture of the 5-0 was the only skating picture of me in the SLUG article, but it was the only trick I didn't land. I had already landed it a few months earlier, so we felt it appropriate to get the picture of it since we had the footage to show everyone... Feeling defeated but needing to get one more picture, we made our way to this gap where I got a varial flip over it. Me and Matt bent the re-bar some more so that it would look good in the picture, and Weston voluntarily went into the vagrant feces-filled pit to take the picture. What a good friend... After I got this, we went back to the bump over motorcycle where Weston kickflipped it. We got the picture and filmed it. All in a day's work...  Here's the link if anyone cares to read the article:
http://www.slugmag.com/articles/2381/Jon-Hart-HartBreaker.html
Hart-breaker, Varial Flip. Photo: Weston Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment