Monday, January 31, 2011

Dave, so healthy right now



This is Dave's first face shot and formal introduction. Let me tell you what I know about him. His name is David McDonald, he's 2somethin, 28 maybe?... He lives in Paris with his wife Lauren right now, and she's the one that took these pictures. I will tell you straight up that Dave's one of the coolest people you could meet. If you're reading this and you haven't met Dave, then I'm sorry, and I hope you get that chance in the future. I know a lot of people, like I have friends that I skate with, friends that I... well, no, the only friends that I have, I skate with them. But all of the people on Bolts of Thunder, Dave included, are more than just skating friends, but friends for any occasion. So Dave's rad, he's super funny, and he's crazy on his skateboard. So skating with him is always fun, even when he's stressing over a trick, because he refuses to give up until he lands it. Or until he annihilates his skateboard, which has been known to happen. Ok, so now that  you know Dave a little better, let me draw your attention to the first picture. First, you'll notice Dave's beard. It's coming in healthily and strong. Why, you ask, and how can this be? Let me answer your question with another question: Do you see what Dave's holding in his hands? That, my friends, is an apple. A really bright one too, meaning it's chock full of nutritious vitamins, minerals, and carbohydrates that keep Dave's mane silky smooth, full, and healthy. Down here at Bolts of Thunder, we only eat the finest of foods so that our bodies are healthy and strong, and so that we can give you only the highest quality video entertainment. Such are the sacrifices we've chosen to make. If you didn't make the cut to be in the next video, "Bolts of Thunder Gone Wild", coming August 2011, it's probably because of what you're eating. Let me draw your attention to the next photo. You will notice that Dave is out of focus, and I, who am filming, am in focus. I'm going to reveal to you a secret of mine. I do all I can to be in the background of every picture that is taken on the skate scene, even if it means pretending to film a friend, then telling him after he lands his trick that I wasn't really filming but just wanted to be in the picture. That's been known to happen as well... Just to clear things up, the pictures where you see me filming, that footage probably won't turn  out so hot. The pictures where you see Matt filming, that footage will more likely than not be good...
Photos: Lauren Cooper

2 comments:

  1. I heard he was a butt pirate... just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. here at bolts of thunder, we have a don't ask, don't tell policy. we don't even want to know that...

    ReplyDelete