Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My eyes have seen you



















Now it's time to introduce the future of Bolts of Thunder. Actually, I say that half-heartedly, I don't know that Bolts of Thunder has much of a future. But if we have a fighting chance, it's with the younger generation. So I really don't have much time today to write a lot, but what I'm going to do is I'll spend a couple days on this section because there are so many people in it. I'll just talk about the first couple people in it for now. Tyler Braithewaite is the one that started it all. He started stalking me on the blog, sending me harassing comments and pictures of himself... Ok, he never sent pictures of himself, but given time, ample resources, and a motivation, he's fully capable of it. He's the reason we met Wizard, Zak, Parker, Finn, and Matt Davis, who make up the bulk of this section. Thanks Tyler! He's 17, his pants don't quite reach his shoes, and when they do, he rolls them up, he is mellow, and I enjoy skating with him. He's a nice kid, and you can actually talk to him. When he's not on twitter. He has a wide range of tricks, as I'm sure you can tell from his part. He told me he mostly likes skating tranny, but then I saw him doing switch bigspin heelflips. He filmed quite a bit of tricks with us, but we put in about half of them in the part. The other tricks didn't seem to fit, so we didn't use them. But they're all in the bonus section of the dvd for those of you who have a copy... For those of you who don't, I have the copies made if you want one.

That drop in he does at the end of his section is straight up nuts. I've seen that thing for years and always thought it would be really cool if someone did it. Nick even threatened to do it a while back, but they were hollow threats... So then Tyler told me he wanted to do it, so we pushed the issue and forced him to do it, even when he didn't want to. He took a couple good slams on it, then he rolled away to the parking lot, hit a huge crack, and fell off his board. I thought it counted, but he wanted to do it again. So he did it twice. Here's the sequence for you all to see...

Next in line is Brian Barlow. He's actually my brother-in-law, and he hadn't stepped foot on a skateboard in years before we filmed his launch tricks. I actually skated with him and his dad this last weekend, and his dad did an acid drop off a table! No joke. He, too, hasn't stepped foot on a board since before they were shaped like giant goldfish crackers, so I was amazed to see him hop right up on that thing and hop right off, riding away into the sunset... He never came home that night either... Anyway, Brian Barlow has been a staunch defender of Bolts of Thunder since the day he heard of it, and we're honored to have him on board.

Brandon Miller is a long time homie of mine. He's Dan's cousin which automatically means he's awesome. He was one of the first followers of the blog, I believe the second (Dave McDonald was the first. I researched it), and he's been contributing to Bolts of Thunder ever since. I was way excited to get footage of him for the video, even if it's a couple tricks. He's in law school, so he's super busy, but he's keeping it real. Brandon is actually living the Bolts of Thunder dream: refusing to grow up. Bolts of Thunder has a Neverland ranch where you can go and never grow up again. Brandon spent two years there a while back (he told his family he was on a mission to Portugal), and he has refused to grow up since. Brandon is rad, and I'm happy to have him in the video, on the blog, and as a friend.

More to come on this part of the video...

1 comment:

  1. I started following your blog because of Tyler Braithwaite too. He is quite the all encompassing influence. I hope he knows how great he is. I will now go tell him.

    ReplyDelete