Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A round of applause


Every couple millennia or so, the stars align, black holes and worm holes alike open themselves to us, the universe feels graceful, and Steven Hawking gives us his smiling seal of approval. My friends, this day is today. It's all last week since the 12th, and it's the next while to come. Yes, Bolts of Thunder Gone Wild is officially out, and we should all be in a state of celebration... I would like to give everyone involved in this project a huge round of applause. Seriously, everyone in the video, everyone that filmed, took pictures, told their friends about it, everything, you all deserve a huge round of applause. I would like to especially thank my brothers, Matt and Brian. Matt is my partner in Bolts of Thunder. Nothing goes without his seal of approval, and that approval is not easily granted. Whatever it is that we do must measure up to his standards in order for it to fly. There were a ton of times where I wanted to take the easy way out, but Matt wouldn't have it, and we stayed up longer editing, filming, and doing whatever else it is that we do. I think you should all know that most of the creative genius (or lack thereof) in the video is Matt's; I was just following orders in putting it together. For everyone involved, this is a huge accomplishment. I mean, seriously, what group of late 20s/ early 30s skaters, most of which can't do more than 10 tricks, with families, jobs, school, and all that other stuff comes out with a full-length skate video? So for everyone involved, I give you a huge round of applause, my hat goes off to you, and I thank you for making this possible... The picture above is the perfect illustration of Matt and I barking orders at the helpless person behind the lens, no doubt confusing and angering them. Sorry, that's just how we roll.

On another note, I'd like to share something that I think is cool. It's an example of how Bolts of Thunder makes the world a little smaller. It's the only example I have of this, so listen carefully, this might not happen again. So we have a new follower on the blog, Kaleo Alo. He's a friend of Brandon Miller, a fellow Thunder Bolt starring in Bolts of Thunder Gone Wild, and Brandon referred him to the blog. Turns out that Kaleo is not only a friend of Brandon's, but a friend of Nick's as well, which we found out only after Kaleo joined the blog. Crazy stuff, eh? I wonder what it'd be like to not know that Nick, your friend, was a founding member of Bolts of Thunder, and you were watching a movie trailer/skate part when all of a sudden Nick's scary faces pop up on the screen. I'd pay money for that to happen. Good money. As in more than 5 bucks. But not more than 20. I just can't afford that right now...

Ok, so starting next post, I'm going to go through each part of the video and give you the low-down on them. I'll tell you everything you want to know, some stuff you don't really care to know, and a couple things you wish I just wouldn't share on the cyberweb. But I don't care if you want it, you'll get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment