Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Letter to the editor





I will take this time at the beginning of the post to officially recognize Bolts of Thunder's 29th follower: Parker Garrett!!!!! Welcome to the blog, Parker, happy to have you! Now you get the Thunder Bolt discount at Village Inn. Just order your food and walk out before you pay for it. Trust me, they'll know what to do with it... My lawyer just told me that I should not advocate stealing from Village Inn, even if people know that I'm joking. I take back what I just said. Above, Finn Christensen, long time Thunder Bolt, shows us the finer points of smith grind pop outs with a couple of them on a flat bar. Thanks Finn! Wait, isn't that that rail that that one kid did that trick on? You know, that trick in that one video? Then it was in another video? Like the same trick in two videos but done at different times? Know what I'm talkin about? I don't know what you're talking about... Anyway, keep out a sharp eye for both Parker and Finn shredding it like Ninja Turtles in "Bolts of Thunder Gone Wild," premier in 9 days!!!! So I warned all of you last week when my mom became an official follower of the blog and learned how to leave comments that I was subjecting the world to her unnaturally clever and never-ending stream of observations and insights. I was right. I got an email from her this week, and it was too good to leave it alone. I've decided to put it up on the blog today as our very first letter to the editor! I hope this can start a new tradition of getting random and angry fan mail that I can post on the blog. So here's what she had to say:

"So, I went to Youtube and looked up "Little Old Lady Skateboarding" and was shocked at what I found.  It was just awash in skateboarder hating diatribes, one after another, by would be "nice little old ladies" who were mostly very large and extremely abusive.  I was embarrassed, to tell you the truth, that these are the women representing my age group and their reprehensible treatment of skateboarders nationwide.  I paused to think of the many youngsters who have witnessed, been victimized, and, nay, dare I say it?, SUCCUMBED to the anal hostilities of these monsters of such cruel nature!

Again, I pause to think of the innocent, those unjustly accused of such gross and unfathomable misdeeds as to warrant such maniacal rantings as are so often dished out upon the meek and lowly.  Please, reach out to them.  It's not too late to remember those who took a ride on a skateboard and felt the freedom of movement, the wind in their hair, the joy of pure physical defiance of nature only to be cowed down by a mean old lady.  These are the, probably many, ones that we should remember.  I think that we should have an annual Bolts of Thunder Memorial for the Innocent Day in which ALL Thunderbolts everywhere remember those who have been lost and try to return them to their rightful place: on the deck of a skateboard!

Thank you for allowing me to express my deepest disappointment in my own generation.  We who invented the skateboard!  How, I ask you, how did it come to this?  We were the ones who were the rebels against the man?!*  What happened to us? 

Please post if you dare."

Thanks mom! Good job being a good ambassador for your generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment