Thursday, March 22, 2012

Strange talk


Since the beginning of time, passion has driven mankind to accomplish wonderful things. Like nosegrinds on rails into banks. That's all I can think of, but I'm pretty sure it's inspired other stuff too. That intro has nothing to do with the rest of this post, but I couldn't think of any other way to start it... So Ben and AJ are Bolts of Thunder's newest recruits, they just don't know it yet. I keep telling them that they're trying out for Bolts of Thunder and that there's only room for one person on the team. I don't know how that's possible when Bolts of Thunder is more of an idea than a team, but it keeps them going. So they've both been strutting their stuff lately, trying to catch the camera's attention and hopefully land them a spot on the team. Well don't tell them that they don't have to try out, we pretty much have an open door policy, because we want them to keep shredding. So this picture was taken the first time Ben and AJ skated together, and we told them that they had to compete for the spot on the team. Ever since that day, I've taken scores of pictures where either AJ or Ben is skating and the other one is lurking maliciously somewhere in the background or foreground, plotting their next move to overtake their foe. This is the first example, and there will be many more to come. Don't believe me? Alright, here's another one:


Believe me now? But don't get the wrong idea, either. Ben and AJ are tight as might, thick as thieves, they just really want that spot on Bolts of Thunder. Again, don't tell them they're both on, or they might turn down the fire a notch, and we don't want that...

So I heard some other people yesterday talking about this new Bolts of Thunder video that might be coming out in July, or something like that... It was an old guy at the Chinese imported spices health food store. No joke, he had virtually no facial hair but the two hair follicles that grew on either side of his upper lip and hung several feet down. Wisdom radiated from his very presence, and reason flowed forth from his lips. He never opened his eyes, but he pointed at his shelf where he kept his personal items. Only, for being a man of considerable age, he owned very little as far as personal items, for how can one really own something, man?... All he had on his cherished shelf were two dvds, the first and second Bolts of Thunder videos. Good choice, if you're only going to own two things in this world... In pointing at the shelf, the old man asked me, "What do you see?" "Two videos of great value," I responded. "Yes... good, good... But what is missing?" In gazing upon the shelf, I noticed a third dvd case, but it was empty. "You are not whole until this case is filled. Fill the case my son, and you will fill your wandering soul..." the old man told me. "Look, I just came here for ear candles, not a lecture! You just lost a customer, old man!" In leaving the shop that day, I vouched never to return... But then I went back in and got my ear candles. Actually, that's a lie, I don't use ear candles. Anyway, so there's all kinds of strange talk from strange folk about strange videos made by strange people coming out some time soon. I'm just telling you what I heard. Again, not that I know anything about Bolts of Thunder. I mean, what do I know?...

No comments:

Post a Comment