Thursday, September 22, 2011

Dan Slash Shaw


Yesterday, for whatever reason, and not feeling that I should have to explain myself on my own blog, me and Matt were watching the music video to "November Rain" by Guns n Roses. Seeing Slash play his 3 different guitar solos of the song in the windy desert and on the top of a piano was not only inspiring, but it was thought provoking. As I watched this, I had two overarching thoughts that I'd like to share with you. First, why doesn't Bolts of Thunder make an epic music video? Whether it be a rap song, a rock ballad, or whatever you want, I feel Bolts of Thunder needs this experience under its belt. If not for just the sheer epicness of making our own song and an amazing video to go with it, we could also put this on our future job applications, when we feel it necessary to go out into the world and look for jobs. It hasn't happened yet, but I hear employers are looking for good work experience, and a Bolts of Thunder music video would be a nice addition to anyone's resume.

The second thought I had, and this is a thought that I've had since the day I knew him, but it became clearer than ever in my mind while watching the video, is that if, or when I get my band together, Daniel R Shaw is going to be my lead guitarist. He would be Slash and Axel Rose and Brett Michaels and Jimmy Page and the entire embodiment of 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s guitar heroes all wrapped up into one amazingly beautiful specimen on stage on top of the piano clack in no more than red underwear and a net stalking shirt and with his guitar strategically placed over his genitalia as he played high-pitched 8 minute long solos. This would be the scene at every concert, and every song would have a mandatory Dan guitar solo, if not 2 or 3. This would be great news for the women because they would feel justified in wanting him more than anything because he's actually good looking, not like the hideous guitarists that still get all kinds of unwarranted tang. Like Keith Richards, for example.

In those interviews I did with everyone a couple months ago, I asked a couple of them what the Bolts of Thunder band would be like. I'm giving you my vision of it right now, and Dan would be at the forefront of it. Dan gets so into everything that he does, and he loves music, so he would get so into every song we ever played. He'd be rolling on the ground, stomping on the piano, and probably jumping these crazy gaps we'd set up by stacking instruments and speakers on top of each other 10 feet apart with burning debris in the middle to make it interesting if he didn't make the jump. Yeah, Dan is a definite must if you're ever going to have a band. He'd be your brightest star, get the most women of all the members combined, and he'd make it the funnest band you've ever been in. Dan, you need to learn to play guitar, then we need to get our band going...

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh...but Dan is already in a band and has a music video....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igp1WvCo-F4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did you have to use the G word? Eewww!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I was just listening to the White Light/White Heat album and remembered our idea about making a video for "The Gift". I think Dan would fit the role perfectly

    ReplyDelete