Friday, September 23, 2011

The Battle rages on















First off, let me acknowledge our comments on yesterday's post. I appreciate your comments, and I want you to know that. Yes, mother, I used the G word. And I'll use it again. And I'll use them. And I'll do what I want because I'm a big boy now. Now, regarding Nick's comments. I forgot about Dan's aspiring rap career. If you don't know what I'm talking about, look at yesterday's post's comments, follow the link that Nick put up, and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Dan's been a huge hit in the lower caverns of the chemistry and biology labs ever since... And last, but not least, that song scares me. I won't tell you which one it is, but it came on random on my ipod before when I was home alone, and it scared the crap out of me. And I seem to remember Matt telling me how it came on when he was at work in the middle of the night once, and it scared him too. It's just scary. I won't talk about it. But yeah, Dan would be a good role for just about any part. I keep thinking that he could redo all of Brad Pitt's movies. Especially "Burn After Reading." He'd be a shoe in for that one. He would own that role. Don't get me started again, or this will be another post about all the amazing things that Dan can do...

To give you some proof, hard evidence that I'm not crazy, but my crusade against mosquitoes is, in fact, a crusade grounded in reality and not some mystical idea where men suppress mosquitoes and bend them to our will like the Romansche nobles did to the peasants of post-Roman semi nomadic lay-agriculturalist society of Southern Gualle, I provide you with a picture of my daily routine in the Caribbean: assessing the damage done to me in a hard day's work. The mosquitoes were relentless, savage, and heartless. They have no mother, no father, no thought or feeling, no sense of dignity, nothing. They feed off the flesh, yea, the innocent flesh of humans while we sleep, and they feel no shame. I think you're beginning to get a sense of what I went through and why I might feel the way I do. See that white line of dried up sweat on my butt? Impressive, eh? I will say no more about that.

The rest are pictures that we took over in Paris this last summer. You can look at them and make up your own story of what is going on in each one. But I will point out how bad Dave's trucks got eaten up from grinding that ledge, his last trick. It carved a crater into his trucks, reducing the overall weight of the board, allowing Dave to do amazing things with his skateboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment