Thursday, April 5, 2012

RIP to another spot. At least until someone decides to make it skateable again like Dave so bravely did two years ago. Thank you Dave.


It's seems that nothing is safe anymore in this world of skater haters. That's right, world, I called you out on it! I won't keep it quiet anymore. Did you know that people don't like it when you put wax all over their property, chip cement off the corner of ledges, make noise in front of their business, scratch up their handrails, and so on and so forth? Sounds ridiculous, I know. So it turns out that the hospital did not appreciate Dave's handy work with his butter knife in making this stucco hubba skateable for us, and they lashed out in anger against the skate community. Actually, anger is not really what they did. All they did was re-stucco the ledge and paint it again. I guess that's it. And if we really wanted to skate it, we'd just have to go over with a sharpened butter knife in the early hours of the morn and have our way with that ledge in order to make it skateable again. But I don't see ourselves doing that. Not this time... So I heard a rumor that the ledge was no longer skateable, so I stopped by the other night on my way home and confirmed these accusations. The ledge is, in fact, covered in a menacing layer of stucco, a natural skate stopper. Seriously, if people only knew, you don't need to put skate stoppers on ledges, just make the ledge stucco. It's like a porcupine ledge that nobody wants to mess with anymore because it's just too much hassle to get it to grind. Anyway, I wanted to put up this picture of Dave 5-0ing the ledge. I'm glad we went there and did what we wanted to do on the ledge and got out before we got in trouble. Dave and I both slammed trying to 5-0 it, which I'm glad to be in any club with Dave. So all of Dave's old stomping grounds are getting skate proofed or ground to bits, but that's alright, we're coming up with new ways to stick it to the man every day, and we'll figure something else out...

No comments:

Post a Comment