Friday, May 6, 2011

Garrett and Party Time

I'm happy to announce to all of you Thunder Bolts out there that Garrett Taylor is having a part in our next video! It's official. Hard core filming for it started today as Garrett and his wife Shereen just got into Paris. We wanted to have a business meeting to discuss possible video part styles. We're thinking he'll have the crazy partyer section of the video. You know, quick clips of him drinking straight malt soda, throwing it up, smashing bottles, and grabbing his crotch. Totally original. So Garrett and Shereen came all the way to Paris to talk business. That's how much Bolts of Thunder means to them... So this is a picture of Garrett and Pablo. Before we knew Pablo's name, Nick Graff used to call him "Party Time". I really liked that name. Then once we finally asked him what his name was, he told us it was Pablo. So we cleverly called him "Publo". That didn't stick. And I'm grateful for that because I wouldn't want to introduce him to my parents as Publo, that just wouldn't be right with the code and all... So yesterday I went to the airport to pick up Garrett and Shereen. Me and Matt scoured the entire Charles de Gaulle airport, which is roughly the size of Crestline and Twin Peaks, California combined. We looked for 3 hours and couldn't find them, and I was afraid that Garrett had accepted candy and a ride from a stranger and was kidnapped; they had missed their flight; or Garrett put up a fight on the plane and they wouldn't let him stay in Paris. Whatever it was, it's not Garrett's style to get lost like that, so I knew something was fishy. Finally a worker pointed out that I was there a day early. Sorry Matt for making you walk around. I said this yesterday, but I need to say it again to make my peace with the world. But now we know the airport super well. It's like a level from a Star Wars computer game: it's a labyrinth, you have to take 5 different elevators and stairways just to get to the arrival area, and French people are undercover Sith lords that refuse to help Americans (the Jedi). Hopefully we won't make this same mistake when we get Dan next week...

2 comments:

  1. To Whom It May Concern:

    You starting sounding like He-Who-Shall-Remain-Nameless with the Star Wars stuff there at the end

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I was going for that: the tortured poet that just fall short of that and is nuts...

    ReplyDelete