Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Say hello to my little friend


This is Chad. I don't know Chad's last name, so we'll just call him Chad for now. He's "Chad Skater" in my phone, so you can refer to him as such if you wish. Or just Chad, like we said in the first place. So this is Chad's debut on the Bolts of Thunder blog, but I don't even have a face shot of him. You'll just have to wonder what he really looks like until I get on the ball and start documenting this stuff. So Chad's from Mapleton, which they tell me is farther south than Springville. Almost every time I think about Springville, I think of two things and a person. The person is David Law. He's from there, and I believe he partially owns that park or something. One of the things I think of is the park, and more specifically, the half pipe. I love that thing. The other thing I think of is this time I saw this cop show on TV where they'd hide all these cameras in a hotel room and bust people for prostitution and stuff like that. I guess it's entertaining to watch people ruin their lives on national television...

So this one show that I always think about when I think of Springville was they were doing this sting operation in a hotel in Springville. This guy wanted to buy a hitman to put down his wife because she cheated on him. So this undercover cop must have read the dude's wanted add in the paper or saw it on Craig's List or something, because he was posing as a hitman. The cop met the dude at this hotel, and the guy agreed to pay him for his life-taking services. As soon as he paid the money, like 5 cops busted through the door and tackled the guy down. He put up a small fight and just kind of squirmed on the ground, like William H Macy at the end of Fargo when they catch him in that hotel room trying to escape. Then the dude cried like a baby. I mean, a full man baby, with snot coming out of his eyes and nose and everything. It was pretty sad. Anyway, that's the lovely memory I usually have when I think of Springville, just after I think of David Law and the skatepark. So Chad, even though you're not from Springville, we've got our eye on you, and you better not try and pull any fast ones on nobody because you never know, we might be undercover cops...

No comments:

Post a Comment