Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Don't break your ribs, kids





So I broke my ribs last week. I'm not exaggerating either to say that I slammed on them, but I seriously broke them. Not all of them. I actually don't know how many or what, but I know that one of them is really swollen and is giving me grief all the time. It hurts to do most of my favorite activities, including skateboarding, sleeping, breathing, thinking, threatening, insulting, and glaring. Eating doesn't hurt, so I'm grateful for that. I hurt it skating the Springville ramp doing a trick I can land pretty much every try, but this one just got away from me. I was doing a kickflip rock to fakie, flew too close to the sun on wings of confidence, landed on the deck like I wanted to blunt the heck out of it, slipped out, and fell straight down on my ribs on the coping. I felt and heard my ribs crack and my vital organs get pushed down into my stomach for a brief moment. Rachel was there too, which sucked falling so hard in front of her. All I could say as she asked if I was alright was, "take a picture..." in my air knocked out of me voice. So it sucks breaking your ribs because there's nothing you can do to make it better except wait it out. And breaking your ribs sucks because it gets in the way of your palates class...

No comments:

Post a Comment