Thursday, May 17, 2012

Going pro is just so awesome. Seriously, because people pay you. I would know... Or at least I will...


This picture was taken back when skating on home appliances was perfectly acceptable in our modern society. I miss those days. I think we need to focus a lot more of our attention on the home appliance aspect of skating and make those things useful for a change. Like this refrigerator. Probably never did any good until it was set down this gap and back tailed... Thank you, AJ, for giving this fridge some purpose in life.

Today I am announcing that I am finally realizing my dream of becoming a professional skateboarder. A professional in the sense that someone will pay me for time spent on my skateboard, not in the sense that I'm sponsored, have my own board, and people think I'm good. The Provo city rec center is starting a skateboarding class, and I just got hired as its instructor!!!! No joke. There are going to be classes Monday through Thursday, and kids will come to learn the basics of skateboarding. Going to the job interview was awesome because I actually got to bring my skateboard and show the people how to ollie. I had the city planner in the air in no time with rumors of these skills passing into the mayors office. The classes start soon, so if you know of anyone that wants to take skateboarding classes, bring them to the teen center in Provo and get them signed up. I'll be their teacher. So, yes, I am entering the ranks of the professional elites now that people are paying me to skateboard. I'm going to write "professional skateboarder" on all of my legal documents from now on...

No comments:

Post a Comment