Monday, February 6, 2012

I gotta say, it was a good day




They said it could not be done. They said it was unbeatable. But on Friday, February 3 at roughly 2:30 PM, the Hart brothers proved them all wrong, and on their first continue, too. Deep into the belly of the alien conclave we fought and found ourselves, and in the slimy caverns of that wretched place they sent Matt on his final journey into the other world. I pushed on, armed with a spread, and made my way toward the mother alien. Firing everything I had at her, I dodged her fireballs and destroyed her slime attacks. With nothing left to fight with, the mother alien lay vulnerable in front of me as I smote her ruin upon the mountainside... We've been campaigning through the old original Contra games on Nintendo, and we've beaten the first two, turning our sights towards the third one. I'm talking about Super Contra above, and it's a fun game. So me and Matt beat it the other day.

In other news, Dave continues to send me menacing photos of himself skating familiar spots. In these photos, Dave lands the ultimate of ultimates: 5-0 down the hubba on an old school board. Bet you thought you'd never see the day. Remember this day, dear brother, for it is a good day...

2 comments:

  1. Jon, do you love paying taxes more than writing on the bolts of thunder blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse me...I meant to write doing your taxes...not paying...

    ReplyDelete