Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The real street league

So I'm the teacher of the skateboarding class at the local rec center. It's the funnest job I could ever have, and I'm way proud of all the kids and how they progressed. So I brought my camera to a couple of the classes and filmed everyone do a couple tricks. As you watch this, keep in mind that most of them had never stepped foot on a skateboard before 5 weeks ago. Nick came to the first session of classes, so he's had a few more weeks experience on a board, and Ramses, 7 years old, came to the last week of the first session, so he's got 6 weeks experience on a board. Jade, the little 6 year old girl, has only been on her board 3 different times and looks like she's been riding for a while. I definitely was not at this level when I had been skating for this long, and some of them are definitely going to be rippers when they're older. So this is the quick video I put together for them, I hope you enjoy it:

No comments:

Post a Comment