Monday, August 13, 2012

Dances with Jon



Strange things happened then, and I won't apologize or try to explain myself. But this picture is its remnants. This is one of the proudest pictures a balding brother, me, could ever post on the blog. Brian is carrying on the legacy for all of us whose hairs began abandoning ship long ago. Thank you, Brian...

So I began physical therapy today. My ankles have been hurting lately, so I went to the doctor last week to get them checked out. 1 hour and a couple x-rays later, we discovered that my right ankle has been broken for 13 years, and my ankles bend 15 degrees more than what they should. The doctor said they usually just recommend surgery when someone's ankles have as much flex as mine, but since I'm shoving off for Italy soon, they'll try to help me with physical therapy first. Thank you, Italy, for saving my ankles... I was thinking about it, and if they tried to take my ankles from me, I would hop on my skateboard and ride into oncoming traffic Dances with Wolves style, with my chest sticking straight out and proud, my arms up the in air, my eyes closed, and my mind void of any more cares or sorrows. The day they take my ankles from me is the day I go down Kevin Costner style. From Dances with Wolves, not from Water World. Dances with Wolves was brave. Water World was simply suicide... So, as a result of my physical therapy, my legs are going to become even stronger and bigger than they already are, further imposed on my over-taxed pants as it is. Same thing happened to my thighs 2 years back when I had to work them out to help with the tendinitis in my knee. I'm not sure why I'm telling you this, but there it is. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment