Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Flying animals


I hate rodents. Well, squirrels usually stay out of my business. But rats and mice are always getting into all kinds of trouble, getting into my grill and eating my ritz crackers. And my tortillas and cotton balls. We were camping all last week, hence the no writing on the blog. I also moved out of Provo last week, and that was crazy because my wife was super sick. But at least I didn't have finals, a video premiere, and a wedding to be in all in the same week, like last year when I moved... Anyway, so this renegade mouse got into my car while we were camping and was helping himself to our snacks while we were sleeping at night. He ate some of our tortillas and crackers, infecting the rest of them with his rodent ways. Enough is enough, and the very existence of a mouse in my car is enough to make me go crazy, so we set up camp and laid siege on the beast. With broomstick in hand, I fought the beast, and on the lowest hill in the highest mountain of Lava Ranch, I smote his ruin upon the mountainside... Well, he got away actually, but he'll probably think twice before infecting my car with his presence. But after thinking twice, he'll probably crawl back into the car and do it again.

I hate rats too. The animals, not "The Departed" rats. I don't know what to think about those kind. They put their life on the line to keep us safe, that's what they do. The biggest rat I saw was in the Caribbean in front of my apartment. It was the size of a full-grown cat, and it ran right in front of me before swan diving straight into an irrigation pipe and disappearing without a trace of him. It was one of the most beautifully disgusting things I've ever seen in my life. I wanted to vomit. Man, that apartment sucked. Every morning the locals would smoke weed right outside of our windows which we were permanently opened; they were not made so you could shut them. The worse design ever. So my morning scripture study usually involved some kind of vision of sorts as I took it all in. This crazy dude would call us almost every night and tell us about the government trying to kill him and meeting us on boats with brief cases full of Russian secrets and what not. It was good fun to talk to him after a hard day of betting eaten by mosquitoes and spreading the good word. And eating lots and lots of fruit and good food.

Anyway, I have nothing new to say. I'm leaving for Italy next week, and I'll be there for several months. I'm excited about that. Here's a picture Rachel took of me yesterday at the Brigham City skatepark. It's one of the worse designed parks you'll ever skate, but this pyramid is good fun. I guess that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment