Monday, February 21, 2011

Supporting strong moral values


This is Dave and me skating a hubba ledge. So towards the end of our filming for our first Bolts of Thunder video, Matt, Dave, and I were all suffering from bouts of sleeplessness. The stress of making a skate video based on cartoon drawings and cheap rip-offs of movie trailers was getting to us, and we couldn't sleep. So one night Dave put his time to good use. I usually just laid in bed for a couple hours then I would draw on my computer until my eyes burned. Then I'd fall asleep. Dave decided to fix a skate spot when he couldn't sleep. So at 1 in the morning, equipped with no more than a butter knife, yeah, a kitchen butter knife, Dave came to this hubba and gave it butter knife treatment. So the ledge had patches of stucco on top which made it not very skater-friendly. It also has somewhat of a crack that me and Dave somewhat repaired, but we hadn't bothered yet with the stucco on the ledge. So for a couple hours or something, Dave scratched the stucco off the ledge with a butter knife. I think this is where wives should really start to worry. If your spouse leaves the house at 1 in the morning with a butter knife and says he/she is going to scratch stucco off a hubba, you should be asking questions. If your spouse is a member of Bolts of Thunder, don't worry, this is normal behavior and will help in the progression of the next video. If your spouse is not on Bolts of Thunder, inform the police as soon as possible; your spouse is a drug dealer. A cheap one at that, he/she doesn't even know to use a spoon instead of a knife in the lab... Not that I know what I'm talking about. I've never eaten drugs off of bent spoons. I assume that's what people do with drugs, they eat spoonfuls of them so they can gauge how much they've had and when to stop. That way they're not too intoxicated. Yeah, druggies are responsible citizens. But butter knife drug dealers, be weary of them. They just want to take advantage of you. So Dave fixed up the hubba, and we skated it a couple weeks later. Weston Colton shot the photos with his 8 month pregnant wife Erin and daughter chillin in the mini-van in the parking lot, and his nephew holding the flashes. Yeah, Bolts of Thunder supports high moral, family values, such as outings to the local skate spots to take pictures of butter knife skaters (not to be mistaken with butter knife drug dealers). Dave came out of the gates swinging and 50-50ed the ledge in just a couple tries, and he did it twice. I front boarded it twice as well, mostly because Dave inspired me to do it. Then Dave almost 5-0ed it, he hit his head twice trying it and just kept skating. A real trooper. Anyway, Just wanted to tell you that Bolts of Thunder supports strong family traditions. I guess I chose a real round about way to say it.

Weston Colton took these pictures. Don't believe me? Ask him!

No comments:

Post a Comment