Saturday, February 12, 2011

Innovation






This is Bolts of Thunder putting your tax dollars to work. So me and Nick were trying to skate this flat bar the other day, and the runway was quite dirty, impairing our ability to skate. I was just going to clean the spot the old fashioned way by sweeping my foot across the ground for 10 minutes, kicking away rocks and dust. Then Nick realized that we were next to a huge car vacuum, and that would clean the spot much faster and better. Reaching into his pocket, Nick pulled out 2 quarters that just happened to be there. Who caries around quarters these days? So we used the money and put it to good work, vacuuming up the parking log so we could skate. Then we got kicked out a few minutes later. I don't think the people appreciate how clean their parking lot is now. The next pictures are Dan and Matt at the Eagle Mountain skate park. There was ice and snow in the halfpipe, so we got shovels, wood, and towels out to clean the spot. 2 weeks of sun couldn't do what we did in 15 minutes with those towels, wood, and shovels. When I say "we", I really mean Nick, Matt, and Dan. I didn't actually do any physical work, I just took pictures and said that that was more supportive than doing manuel labor... We didn't get kicked out of the skatepark, and Dan did what he does best: took off his shirt. Shirtless in February? Shirtless... Like the Dan child was. Then he did what he does second best: huge ramp launches. Innovation...

2 comments:

  1. You need to be really happy right now. I just awarded you a bonus cool point. Welcome to the cool side of the net.

    ReplyDelete