Friday, February 11, 2011

Jonny's magical mystery beanie tour

 In my first post, I told you that torn up hands is a common sight. This is photo #2 of probably 50 that I have to prove to you that I tear up my hands a lot. This is the last time I severely cut up my hands, it was in Geneva when I slammed dropping in on this wall:






You can see it on my face, I was scared. And rightfully so, can't you see how steep that is? It's 5 feet tall and half of it is vert. It curves 45 degrees at the bottom, and you land on the main road of Geneva, so you have to try and not let your head get run over when you slam and fly out into the road... Scary stuff. Dave was even suggesting that I cut my losses and stop trying it so that I wouldn't die, along with park employees and gypsies that were washing people's windows on the side of the road. They all came up to me and asked me to stop... Anyway, this is not what I wanted to tell you. What I want to do is tell you a funny incident linked to the first picture of my hands. That was right on the Geneva Lake where we were throwing stale bread at birds and having a good time. I'm not wearing it in the picture, but I have this beanie that my brother Brian's wife Whitny made for me. Whenever I wore that beanie, shady people would walk up to me and ask me, "what you got?" This didn't just happen once, but like twice a week. I found out that only drug dealers wear that kind of beanie in Geneva. And in Paris too, I got stopped on the metro by metro cops because I was wearing this beanie. And I didn't have a train ticket either, I had gone through with Dave. I ended up bribing one of the cops with 5 Euros, and she told me, "Get out of here, quick!" And we were off... Anyway, so people kept thinking I was a drug dealer when I wore that beanie. I told Dave and Lauren that, and they thought it was pretty funny. Then right after Lauren took this picture, some dude walked up to us while we were sitting on a park bench and said, "Excuse me, do you know where I can score some bud?" He even said it in English which made it way cooler. I laughed and told him no, then he said, "I wish you did cause it would sure make my night a lot better. Well you just have a good evening!" What a nice guy. I should have hung out with him while I was there. I guess I didn't think of it at the time... I was quite proud of that event, that Dave and Lauren could witness the beanie in action, witness its mesmerizing effect on people. It brings out the best in humanity, I've decided. If this beanie has such power that it can help people from all cultures, nationalities, and background come together and load up on drugs, think of what the world would be like if we all wore these beanies made by Whitny Hart. Yes, I know what you're thinking now, "I need one of these beanies..." And you're just in luck, we're selling the beanies for only $9.99. But wait, there's more, contact us within the next 30 minutes and receive a complimentary pipe to go with your beanie. But wait, this just in, we'll add in another beanie, absolutely free! A $35.99 value, yours for only $9.99!!! We're slashing everything here at Bolts of Thunder, including integrity and honor! Yes, all of these have all been cut in half with our shameless selling of our magical drug dealing beanies!!!

Here are some more pictures of me tackling that wall. Enjoy!






Photos: Lauren Cooper (Dave's wife)

2 comments:

  1. wait, so do i have to start busting out beanies now? and i only get the money for one and they get two? and i'm sure you want a cut for being the middle man? haha

    well glad my beanie could give you stories to tell on your blog.

    p.s. that wall does look scary and i probably would have asked you not to do it if i were there

    ReplyDelete