Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thunder oath, motto, and law



Here are some more shots of Dave doing what he does best. I'm not even going to tell you what that is, because you should know by now. Shame on you if you don't know... So any time us old Thunder Bolts get together, we like to talk official Bolts of Thunder business. After talking the talk with Dave last week, I've realized that Bolts of Thunder has left a few major items of business unattended. I realized that we have not publicly stated the Bolts of Thunder motto, law, legend, symbol, any of that. If you're a Thunder Bolt, then all of these are obvious and inherent deep inside you. But for those of you new to or unfamiliar with what we stand for, allow me to enlighten you...

The Law: Dan is invincible

The Motto: What would Dan do?

Oath: Do a Dan thing daily

Legend: Dan Shaw

Like I said, this is completely inherent to all those familiar with Bolts of Thunder, but I thought I'd educate some of you. Also, Bolts of Thunder's symbol is Nick's mustache colored in gold and in the clenches of a bald eagle. That just made me think of the dying eagle song we had to learn in 4th grade. If you don't know what I'm talking about, google the lyrics "There on a mountain high, wounded eagle waits to die". We had to learn this song in 4th grade, and I always wanted to cry when we sang it. Sad stuff...

2 comments:

  1. he was free, when they let him be

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I not know this song? I can totally picture Jon really holding back some fearce tears singing about some dying eagle. What kind of school makes kids learn this stuff. I have 3 letters for you folks...V.O.E.

    ReplyDelete