Thursday, September 13, 2012

Run away bus

So me and the misses headed out today for some good old fashioned Tuscan skating. These are some of the shots that Rachel took, bless her heart. So this is the street we live on and the views we get to see every time we look outside. It's pretty amazing.





This pug dog lives down the street from me and threatens me with all kinds of physical harm when I skateboard in front of his house. But as soon as I come close to him, he quickly senses the love of pugs I have instilled deep within me, and he changes his disposition. I like to think we're good friends now.



Now what you've been waiting for. Skateboarding. So these are a couple shots Rachel got of me doing a fakie flip, frontside half cab flip, and frontside flip. In that order. I do love a good kickflip and any variation thereof.




Now that we've got the skating pictures out of the way, let's get on to why you're really here today. Weird stories. Today's strange story is dedicated to our morning bus driver that tried to kidnap us. As we were waiting at our stop, the normal bus that usually comes didn't come up, but a strange looking bus pulled up with a bunch of kids on it. So I told the driver that we were waiting for bus number 26 and if it was coming. He responded with a very impatient, "I'm waiting," to which I responded with a confused, "is that bus coming?" to which he responded with, "Are you coming or not?" Seeing that our bus was late and this could be a good alternative to walking for 20 minutes to the next stop, we got on board. As we I stood in the opened up back area of the bus, I noticed the handicap ramp chair lift thing in the back and realized that we had hitched a ride on the elementary school bus. That would explain all the kids. But then the school bus started making all the rounds of the normal city bus, picking up confused adults wondering why they were boarding a bus full of 12 year old kids. People kept asking him which bus number it was, because it didn't say anywhere on the bus, but for some reason he refused to tell anyone which bus it was or where it was going. So off we went with a stay away crowd of confused people that were all asking each other, "where is this bus going? What number is it?" For some of the people, the bus ended up going in the wrong direction, and they had to get off and back track. Fortunately for us, it went to the right spot, and we made it alright. But all the guy had to do was tell people where we were going, and he would have saved a lot of confusion in the city. Good old Italian fun.

2 comments:

  1. It reminds me of the night bus on Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban. I don't know why, but that's the picture I got in my head when I was imagining this happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the bus driver was living his dream of being a character on Harry Potter

    ReplyDelete