Saturday, September 1, 2012

Leaning people of Pisa


This is Rachel sleeping on a bench in the airport in London during our all day lay over. Our uneasy sleep on the bench and cold floor were interrupted by guy that had gotten caught for stealing sun glasses from a gift shop in the airport. His 12 year old daughter was crying so loud that it bordered screaming, and that kept waking us up. The guy kept trying to bribe the cops out of arresting him by waving this huge wad of cash around that he should have just used in the first place to buy his glasses. I don't know what happened, but maybe one of the cops succumbed to the mighty power of the English pound. They let him go, his daughter stopped crying, and we were able to start sleeping again.


So apparently when you're in Pisa, Italy, and you see the leaning tower, the cleverest, most original photo you can take is to pretend that you're leaning up against the tower and holding it up. The photographer strategically places the edge of your hands against the leaning tower in the back, creating the image that you are, indeed, holding up the tower. Pretty clever, huh. So every person that was there had to get this photo, so I went around and captured these people without the tower in the back. These pictures look way more awesome than what they were originally going for. Let me give you a tour of what's really going on:


This woman is using Jedi powers to repel brightly dressed and loudly speaking American tourists from her presence.


This guy did not understand the concept of the trick photography and impatient grand children finally rushed the scene to place his hands where they needed to be. They told him to pretend that he was clawing at the walls and ceiling of the neighboring church, and that doing such would bring him good luck. The next photo illustrates how the obedience of the older generation.





This is my personal favorite. While this lady was getting her trick photography shot, this guy snuck up behind her to do a little dirty trick photography of his own. His way of getting back at the white man, I guess.


In this photo, I demonstrate how to properly pose yourself while holding up the tower. Except I'm apparently pushing at the base of the tower, which couldn't be good on the foundation. The face is what most people are lacking in their pictures, true conviction.


I know I put this picture up last time, but I wanted to give you at least something to look at skating-wise. Pennywise. Yeah, I just snuck that in. This is Rachel's touched up version of the picture from instagram, so I thought I'd share it with you all. It took me about an hour to load these pictures and write this blog. Italian internet likes to work at its own pace...

No comments:

Post a Comment