Friday, June 8, 2012

Dedicated to Derek




So we know that despite all the pilates and yoga I've been doing lately, my body still has one soft spot, and that being my heart. I hate seeing people hurt themselves, and a part of me always feels slightly responsible when it does happen. Especially if I really am responsible. But I think most of the time I'm not. I just hate seeing people get hurt. Anyway, we were skating this week with Derek and Chad. Well, others were skating. I wasn't. I was taking pictures. Derek was doing some kind of switch helicopter spin off these stairs when he came down hard on his ankle. We laughed and cried together at the bottom and gave him counsel on how to nurse it back to good health. Actually, there were no tears, and I don't think anyone laughed. If they did, shame on them! Anyway, Derek, we hope your ankle gets better soon and you're out there doing what you do soon. It's a shame too, we were just about to turn you pro for Bolts of Thunder. Guess that'll have to wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment