Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Cat smugglers



When I say that we have to get creative and help each other out to skate our spots, these pictures prove my point. Actually, now that I think of it, I don't know that I ever have said we have to get creative and help each other in order to skate our spots. Well, here it is, in case you didn't know. We have to get creative and help each other skate our spots. A long piece of wood, a friendly foot from Tyler, two foam cushions, and a gas can from Matt's car were all required just for AJ to do a backside 50-50 down this rail. The camera wasn't mandatory, but it probably helped...

So thinking of this spot, we skated it over two years ago. Me and Matt found it probably 3 or so years ago, and we thought it'd be cool to skate, but it has no runway. But with our make shift ramp, you have just enough speed to get yourself on that rail. When we started skating with Dave, I showed him the rail, and he was way excited about it. We made plans to skate it that weekend, and it was done. We were thinking front blunt, nosegrind, smith, all those tricks we wanted to do on a little rail. When we actually skated it, we saw it was way harder than anticipated and we walked away with two front boards and Dave's 50-50. He almost broke his hand, too. I guess none of what I'm saying right now is really relevant to these pictures, but nothing I ever put on the blog is, so what's the difference? I'll keep talking then. It's funny how that is at a lot of spots. You see it and this big list of tricks you could or want to do comes to your mind. But then when you start to skate it, you realize all the little things that make it hard to skate, like the cracks are bigger than you thought, police patrol the rail more often than anticipated, the rail wobbles out of nowhere, kids run around on the spot and get in your way, or your legs just don't feel like jumping. So hats off to you if you get over all that stuff and skate the spot anyway.

So AJ's backside 50-50 on this was harder than it looks because that rail is wobbly and that runway is unforgiving. I guess that's really all I should have said in the first place.\

Oh yeah, I just heard my noisy upstairs neighbors walk down the stairs which reminded me of a discovery my wife made in the garbage can earlier today: a fresh pile of kitty litter. Except we don't have a cat... But I know of at least two families in my living quarters that do have a cat, one being the noisy upstairs neighbors that always try to steel everyone else's parking spots and stomp on the stairs every time they leave the house. The other is a friend of mine, but I won't say his name. But you know who you are. Are you the one responsible for the kitty litter in my garbage? If so, what is the meaning of this? Are you trying to pin your illegal cat smuggling ways on me and my wife? Are you upset with Bolts of Thunder's management and trying to send a not so clear message? Are have you been wrongfully accused by strange upstairs neighbors as well?

1 comment: