Monday, November 19, 2012

Momma, momma I'm comin home...


I haven't much time... We'll just say that Italian internet isn't the friendliest, and I've got to get this post up before the internet decides it's worked enough today. Folks, I just got back from Rome. To put it in words that you'll understand best, I like to think my reaction to Rome was not much unlike the Fellowship's reaction when they reached mines of Moria; the feeling of being so little and insignificant in the sight of such grandness, tired at the thought of walking so much, a perpetual feeling of hunger, and maybe a little afraid of someone following me. Going into the Pantheon was especially like when the fellowship entered the realm of the kingdom of Moria. You know, the part with all the columns, and Gilmly of Gloin sees the open door that has the tomb of Barum. Come on, you know what scene I'm talking about! That scene, that's what it was like for me going into the Pantheon. Amazing stuff. But I think I've gotten all or more of the mileage I ever should have out of my analogy, so I'll stop there. Suffice it to say, Rome is amazing.

So I'm going back to Provo this week! That's right, my Italian adventure has come to an end. I even gave my skateboard to Francesco, the 12 year old ripper here in Siena, which means I'm ready to go home and hook up a new board. So I'll be reuniting with the Bolts of Thunder crew there and we'll get working on our next project. See you in Utah!

2 comments: